The Second Shot staff loves to hunt, don’t get me wrong, but there are so many activities that you can only do in the summer! These are all things that you can enjoy while staying active or connected with your hunting and outdoorsy friends.
5. Have a campfire and count as many constellations in the stars as you can. The majority of the year, even if the weather is nice while the sun is up, it gets to be too chilly to sit outside and make a good s’more. Take advantage of this season, summer nights are my favorite
4. Fairs and Festivals. Pay attention to what’s going on in your area. Summer is the perfect time of year for a fair or festival. Games, rides, lights, and cotton candy… what more could you want? Or maybe there’s a festival and you and your friends want to road trip and enjoy a weekend away.
3. Take a hike! Get outside and enjoy the sun. Invite some friends to check out a new trail and maybe even pack a picnic. You won’t regret it.
2. Read a good book. It’s always a good habit to get into, reading, but summer is the best time to really enjoy it. Grab your shades, a good book, and hop in a hammock.
1. My favorite summer activity is anything related to water! Water slides, fishing, canon balls, waterskiing, wakeboarding, and you can even surf in the Midwest now. Even just taking a walk on the beach close to the water is included in my ‘water activity’ list.
So, grab a friend, and don’t let summer slip by without taking advantage of this weather!